Sunday 23 January 2011

Post No. 213 - A Sunnudagr (Sunday) miscellany

This is just a quick post on a few links and thoughts.

To begin with, a link for a glossary of paranormal terms from the interesting website of an "open minded skeptic".

I also came across an article with some interesting thoughts about Australia's national day (see also here).

Next, I came across a few quotations which I quite liked, although I am still trying to find the source of one of them.

Foster and polish
The warrior spirit
While serving in the world;
Illuminate the path
According to your inner light

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift, and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honours the servant and has forgotten the gift." Albert Einstein

I have been watching the TV series "Kung Fu". I'd like to comment about some of the episodes (I would also like to do that about the Buffy series), but given my lack of time (especially as it now appears I have to find another daytime job :( ), I'll just quickly pop in one thought now:
  • The 4th episode of season 3 is an episode titled "The Valley of Terror". It shows the struggle of a young woman to come to terms with being psychic, and the prejudice that others can have against being psychic - including fear of evil and assumptions of insanity. In this particular case, the problem is solved by Kwai Chang Caine by viewing the problem as a fear to be faced and overcome.
On that, is interesting that Caine describes meditation, when asked what he is doing, as "thinking". (Another thing I found interesting is that one person I know watched the series and wound up hooked by the martial arts aspects of it, whereas I was interested in the philosophical aspects, particularly around peace.)

I also very much like the episode "The Devil's Champion", Episode 8 in Season 3, where Caine and the masters of the temple use meditation, rather than violence/physical fighting skills, to overcome a threat from an "evil" force (due to someone with a festering anger/hate).

Finally, an interesting photo and story from an overseas newspaper about the recent Queensland floods: please click here.

Love, light, hugs and blessings

Gnwmythr

This post's photo is yet to be posted.

Tags: definitions, fear, attitudes, Albert Einstein,

First published: Sunnudagr, 23rd January, 2011

Last edited: Monday, 24th January, 2011